BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The most precious possession that ever comes to a man in this world is a woman's heart. "

Chapter 10 - Spark

Homeroom. Another talk for 'lessons of life'. What could we possibly know about life that we haven't experienced yet? I rested on my arm chair, head down and shoulders slumped. It's barely 4 days before Valentines day, would there be progress between me and Jack? Here I go again. It's like my whole world revolves around him, I have got to stop this. The counselors were explaining instructions on some game, I better listen. There was a box rotating around the classroom, music playing and people smiling and eying the box carefully. I guess this was one of those 'stop music' games. The box was approaching me and I got it with a big smile on my face. As I was about to pass it, the music suddenly stopped. I froze then flushed, 'wth?!'. The councilor asked me to stand up and open the box. I did what I was told, with shaking hands. There was a message, I read it aloud, "If there was that one person in the past you would like to talk to, who would it be?". I froze and got out of reality. Of course the answer was so obvious. Jack. Who else? I wanted to answer; but I just can't say his name out loud with him seating four seats before me. Should I? They were all waiting. And they all knew the answer but just wanted to hear me say it. I made a quiet squeal, "Jack". I sat down, my cheeks burned and I could have sworn everyone was screaming. The music played on and the box was passed around once again. This time, it stopped at Jack. Everyone looked at him including me. That was so embarrassing for me, I wonder what his question would be. I was busy thinking and watching him that I didn't know what was happening. I just saw the councilor giving him chocolates. Did he win a prize? He was approaching me, and everyone was screaming: looking from jack to me. I didn't know what to do, I was tomato red. He handed the chocolates to me and I smiled. I wanted to say 'thank you', but nothing came out. It all happened so fast. I stared at the chocolates. Was there still a spark? Was there still chance?

0 comments:

(based on a true story)