BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 24, 2009

“Love is when you're kept up all night thinking of him, and then when you fall asleep, you find him in your dreams.”

Chapter 1 - Dream

He was there, seated beside me. We we're laughing, staring at each other's eyes and admiring every move. We we're in love, that's what's for sure. He gazed upon me for a second, my heart stopped and then quickly raced. JACKIE MAISON, this was the name that filled my heart, my soul and my very existence. He held my hand placed it in his heart and said "I have to let you go". I was stunned, shocked,Did i hear that right? Was he saying goodbye? No it can't be.

"Massie, come down and eat your breakfast!" The sound of my mom's voice quickly woke me up. I looked at the time, it was 6:30am. Great. I'm gonna be late. I quickly washed my face, dressed in my uniform and combed my hair in place. That'll have to do. I descended upon the staircase, grabbed a piece of bread stick and ran to the door; but my mom caught up on me, "Denise Massie Wilson, won't you eat breakfast?". I grabbed the doorknob and quickly said "No, I'm gonna be late!" I got in a cab and told the driver to step on it.

It was a lovely morning, and if i wasn't running late, I would've admired it; but since i was 5 kilometers away from MCA (Monticello Christian Academy), I had to keep myself company. I thought about that horrible dream. I remembered that almost same scenario, in first year, except for that last line. The line which struck right through my heart. "I have to let you go" what did that mean? It has been 2 years since we last talked to each other, or at least since we were last so close to talking about taking the next step. I was taken aback. What happened to everything we had? Did he forget about it? Was he fed up? All these questions were in my mind, I didn't even realize the school was right in front of me. What was happening to me? I'm not my normal self today. I paid the driver and moved out of the cab. I looked at my watch and let out a great sigh of relief. 7:15am, 15 minutes until the bell rings. I paced on the first step, ready, to once again see the man of my dreams.

0 comments:

(based on a true story)